Apple loses lawsuit appeal against Samsung in Tokyo court
Apple has lost an appeal to a previous ruling in favor of Samsung in a Tokyo court, according to Reuters. The ruling came from the Intellectual Property High Court where Apple had appealed an October ruling that found Samsung had not infringed on an Apple patent for synchronizing music and video data on a server.
As in the previous case, in the appeal Apple alleged that Samsung's Galaxy devices had infringed on its synchronization patent. Japan has been among the locales with the most lawsuits between the two companies. Just last week Apple won a lawsuit against Samsung in the country that found Samsung infringed on Apple's 'rubber-banding' patent.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements