Apple loses lawsuit appeal against Samsung in Tokyo court
Apple has lost an appeal to a previous ruling in favor of Samsung in a Tokyo court, according to Reuters. The ruling came from the Intellectual Property High Court where Apple had appealed an October ruling that found Samsung had not infringed on an Apple patent for synchronizing music and video data on a server.
As in the previous case, in the appeal Apple alleged that Samsung's Galaxy devices had infringed on its synchronization patent. Japan has been among the locales with the most lawsuits between the two companies. Just last week Apple won a lawsuit against Samsung in the country that found Samsung infringed on Apple's 'rubber-banding' patent.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV