Firefox's latest update includes a special feature for OS X
Mozilla's great Firefox browser has been updated to version 22. In addition to support for 3D gaming, video / voice calls and file sharing without the need for any extra plugins, the team has added something for OS X users. Whenever you download a file, the progress bar will show up right on the icon in your Dock. That's fun, and it means you can monitor the file's progress, even when the regular meter isn't on your screen.
Of course, the 3D gaming is probably the biggest part of the update, and Firefox has also released a game demo called BananaBread to show off the new features. But that OS X feature is a nice little gift to those of us using the browser on a Mac. Firefox is available as a free download as always.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates