Siri Eyes Free coming to Opel ADAM car in Europe
Opel has announced that Siri Eyes Free integration is available in its ADAM car, with more cars to follow later this year. Opel is a European car company owned by General Motors. As many GM cars in the US offer (or will soon) Siri Eyes Free integration, Opel seems like a logical next step.
In a press release announcing the news, Opel says:
This unique feature is available free of charge in all IntelliLink-equipped ADAMs which are ordered now on. Customers who already own an ADAM with IntellilLink can also benefit from Siri Eyes Free. As Opel is offering a software update free of charge which enables the Siri Eyes Free functionality to be added to IntelliLink. The innovative IntelliLink system can be continually updated throughout the customers' ownership to ensure in-car infotainment is just as up to date as their mobile communication. Opel ADAM customers should visit their Opel dealer to get the update.
Siri Eyes Free integration will cost ADAM owners an additional €300 (US$394). The ADAM itself is a car popular in urban areas because of its small size and relatively low starting price of €11,500 (US$15,100).
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options