Canada's TELUS, Rogers to offer cellular iPad 4, iPad mini directly
Mac fans in the Great White North just got a new option for picking up an iPad 4 or iPad mini. Canadian carriers TELUS and Rogers have announced they will offer both the iPad 4 and iPad mini directly to their customers for use on their networks. The models could previously be used under the contracts, but this is the first time the carriers are offering them directly.
Rogers has announced clients will be able to add the devices to their pre-existing data plans. TELUS hasn't announced if subscribers will have that option, but both companies will offer separate, contract-free data plans for the iPads.
According to iMore, TELUS will only be offering the 16 GB and 32 GB models, while Rogers will be selling models from 16 GB to the top-range 128 GB.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options