BlackBerry: BBM still scheduled to hit iOS
BlackBerry announced back in May that BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) would be coming to iOS later this summer. With July steadily approaching, we still haven't heard any specific details as to when we might expect to see BBM hit the App Store.
Earlier today, however, BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins mentioned during an earnings conference call that BBM for iOS will, in fact, drop "before the end of the summer." I suppose that puts the release window, at the very latest, sometime in mid-late August.
While I'm not sure how many iOS users are pining for BBM, it's worth noting that BlackBerry has stated that there are over 51 million active users who use BBM on a daily basis and that the service handles over 10 billion messages per day.
If you happen to be one of those folks waiting to get your hands on BBM for iOS, some of the planned features include multi-person chats, and the ability to create BlackBerry Groups to share photos, calendars and other files with groups of up to 30 people.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration