Netflix readies virtual assistant "Max" for iPad
"Siri, which movie should I watch?"
"I'll answer that!" says Max, the new virtual assistant from Netflix that customers can expect to see on the iPad... eventually. Currently limited to the Sony PlayStation 3, Max takes a rather goofy approach to suggesting movies, search and ratings. Netflix calls Max "...the rumored star child of Siri and Hal 9000," and has given it an outgoing personality and plenty of snappy one-liners.
Netflix told TechCrunch that, if Max is well-received, it should be a part of the iPad app sometime between the next six and 12 months. "We'll expand his repertoire and make him available on other devices in the future, likely the iPad next," a representative said.
You can get an idea of what Max is like in the video below.
"Siri, which movie should I watch?" "I'll answer that!" says Max, the new virtual assistant from Netflix that customers can expect to...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs