Netflix readies virtual assistant "Max" for iPad
"Siri, which movie should I watch?"
"I'll answer that!" says Max, the new virtual assistant from Netflix that customers can expect to see on the iPad... eventually. Currently limited to the Sony PlayStation 3, Max takes a rather goofy approach to suggesting movies, search and ratings. Netflix calls Max "...the rumored star child of Siri and Hal 9000," and has given it an outgoing personality and plenty of snappy one-liners.
Netflix told TechCrunch that, if Max is well-received, it should be a part of the iPad app sometime between the next six and 12 months. "We'll expand his repertoire and make him available on other devices in the future, likely the iPad next," a representative said.
You can get an idea of what Max is like in the video below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV