Netflix readies virtual assistant "Max" for iPad
"Siri, which movie should I watch?"
"I'll answer that!" says Max, the new virtual assistant from Netflix that customers can expect to see on the iPad... eventually. Currently limited to the Sony PlayStation 3, Max takes a rather goofy approach to suggesting movies, search and ratings. Netflix calls Max "...the rumored star child of Siri and Hal 9000," and has given it an outgoing personality and plenty of snappy one-liners.
Netflix told TechCrunch that, if Max is well-received, it should be a part of the iPad app sometime between the next six and 12 months. "We'll expand his repertoire and make him available on other devices in the future, likely the iPad next," a representative said.
You can get an idea of what Max is like in the video below.
"Siri, which movie should I watch?" "I'll answer that!" says Max, the new virtual assistant from Netflix that customers can expect to...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free