The science of iOS 7's parallax effect
One of the subtle, but cool features of iOS 7 is the parallax effect that gives on-screen elements a sense of depth and movement as you tilt your phone. In a recent article, Macworld's Marco Tabini examines the science behind the visual technology.
Tabini boils it down to our perception of perspective, input from the iPhone's MEMS gyroscope and some fancy programming to hold it all together. You can read more about the science underlying this technology in the Macworld article.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter