The science of iOS 7's parallax effect
One of the subtle, but cool features of iOS 7 is the parallax effect that gives on-screen elements a sense of depth and movement as you tilt your phone. In a recent article, Macworld's Marco Tabini examines the science behind the visual technology.
Tabini boils it down to our perception of perspective, input from the iPhone's MEMS gyroscope and some fancy programming to hold it all together. You can read more about the science underlying this technology in the Macworld article.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature