Now Apple files for iWatch trademark in Mexico, Taiwan, and Turkey
Just yesterday word spread through the technology sphere that Apple had filed for an iWatch trademark in Japan. The news seemed to give some limited credence to earlier rumors that Apple had filed for the same iWatch trademark in Russia. Now, less than 24 hours after that Japan trademark surfaced, trademark registrations for iWatch have appeared in Mexico, Taiwan and Turkey, according to MacRumors.
As I wrote yesterday, a trademark registration does not mean the imminent arrival of Apple's fabled smartwatch. However, the fact that Apple is registering iWatch in countries across the globe does now seem to strongly suggest that work on the device is well underway and we may see it early next year. But only time will tell.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration