Pebble watch strikes deal with Best Buy
Pebble, the Kickstarter darling and harbinger of the smartwatch revolution, will break free from its online-only shackles shortly, as Best Buy has revealed that its stores will begin carrying the crowdfunded device on July 7th. Up until now, the ultra-capable timepiece was only available via the Kickstarter campaign or through the company's own pre-order program. The watch will cost the same US$150 through Best Buy as it does when ordered straight from the makers.
The Pebble has already popped up on Best Buy's online shop, but as of the time of this writing there is no option to pre-order via the big-box retailer. According to AllThingsD, the watch will be available via Best Buy in black and red, though only the black model is currently showing via the store's own website.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows