Spotify update brings 'Discover' function to iOS
Spotify today issued an update for its iOS app which brings its Discover functionality to iOS. I've been using and enjoying the Discover feature on the desktop version of Spotify and it should be a welcome addition to the already engaging and addictive mobile app.
Some other additions include a new "Now Playing" view and the ability to edit playlists directly from the iPhone.
The full press release is below:
What's New in Version 0.7.1
• New: Ever find yourself wondering what to play on Spotify? Introducing the new Discover experience on iPhone. (Coming soon to everyone.)
• New: A shiny, new Now Playing view, featuring the 'Up Next' queue on iPhone. (Again, rolling out to everyone soon.)
• New: Say hello to our new logo.
• New: You can now edit your playlists on your iPhone.
• Improved: We've changed the order of the iPhone search tabs. Now it's Artists, Albums, Tracks. (iPhone/iPod only.)
• Improved: We've moved the ... context menu button in the Playlist and Album views to the top right of the screen. It's better there. (iPhone/iPod only.)
• Fixed: Ford integration now works correctly when your iPhone/iPod is set to a language other than English.
• Fixed: In your playlist folders, "All Tracks" will now show you the actual number of tracks.
• Fixed: We've sorted lots of crash issues too.
• Fixed: The unread messages in your inbox will now update correctly.
• Fictitious: This app shares 73% of its DNA with bees.
Spotify today issued an update for its iOS app which brings its Discover functionality to iOS. I've been using and enjoying the Discover...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs