EE expands UK 4G coverage to 11 new markets
Sadly for iPhone 5 and fourth-generation iPad owners, 4G coverage has been slow to roll out in the UK. Currently if you want 4G, there is only one player in the whole country -- EE. Even EE's 4G service isn't available in many parts of the UK. But thankfully as of last week, the telecoms company expanded 4G coverage to 11 new UK markets.
As noted in a press release, iPhone 5 (and other 4G-capable smartphone) owners in Aldershot, Basildon, Basingstoke, Bracknell, Hitchin, Horsham, Leatherhead, Letchworth, Stevenage, Warrington and Weston-super-Mare will now have access to the super-fast mobile internet. The 11 new markets push 4G availability in the UK to over 50 percent of the population. When Vodafone rolls out 4G this summer and Three follows in the winter, 4G availability will reach 98 percent of the UK population by late 2014.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options