Instagram adds landscape support, Cinema stabilization for front camera
Uber-popular social photo-sharing app Instagram has released a small update over the July 4 holiday that adds a few major features. The most noticeable new feature in the update allows users to take photos or record videos in landscape orientation.
Another nice feature is support for Cinema stabilization with the iPhone's front-facing camera. "Cinema" is Instagram's version of image stabilization. Previously, Cinema was only available for the iPhone's rear camera. Here's the full release notes from the latest Instagram update:
What's New in Version 4.0.2
- Take photos or record video holding the Instagram camera in landscape orientation.
- Support for Cinema using front-facing cameras.
- Many other improvements and bug fixes.
Instagram is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs