Instagram adds landscape support, Cinema stabilization for front camera
Uber-popular social photo-sharing app Instagram has released a small update over the July 4 holiday that adds a few major features. The most noticeable new feature in the update allows users to take photos or record videos in landscape orientation.
Another nice feature is support for Cinema stabilization with the iPhone's front-facing camera. "Cinema" is Instagram's version of image stabilization. Previously, Cinema was only available for the iPhone's rear camera. Here's the full release notes from the latest Instagram update:
What's New in Version 4.0.2
- Take photos or record video holding the Instagram camera in landscape orientation.
- Support for Cinema using front-facing cameras.
- Many other improvements and bug fixes.
Instagram is a free download.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter