Instagram adds landscape support, Cinema stabilization for front camera
Uber-popular social photo-sharing app Instagram has released a small update over the July 4 holiday that adds a few major features. The most noticeable new feature in the update allows users to take photos or record videos in landscape orientation.
Another nice feature is support for Cinema stabilization with the iPhone's front-facing camera. "Cinema" is Instagram's version of image stabilization. Previously, Cinema was only available for the iPhone's rear camera. Here's the full release notes from the latest Instagram update:
What's New in Version 4.0.2
- Take photos or record video holding the Instagram camera in landscape orientation.
- Support for Cinema using front-facing cameras.
- Many other improvements and bug fixes.
Instagram is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates