Pandora for iOS updated with auto-pause, improved buffering
Pandora has released an update to its Pandora Radio app for iOS that features a few welcome updates. The most noticeable update is a feature that pauses the currently playing song when you mute your device. This new feature means you'll never miss a song when muting your phone because you forgot to pause Pandora. Other updates include improved playback buffering that Pandora says allows you to hear your music stutter-free and also improved URL support in the app. The full release notes are below:
What's New in Version 4.4
• Stuck with a flaky connection? We've improved playback buffering to keep your favorite music stutter-free.
• Never miss another great song: if you mute your phone, we'll pause your music for you.
• More links to more of what you love: all the URLs that work on Pandora.com now work just as well on your phone.
• Bug fixes and improvements to keep your music playing as it should.
Pandora Radio is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature