Tim Cook to attend Sun Valley Conference
Tim Cook is expected to attend the Sun Valley Conference that starts today in Idaho, reports Reuters. The annual conference is hosted by New York-based investment bank Allen & Co. About 300 executives will attend lectures on politics, business and other subjects. This year's conference will be led by Liberty Media Corp Chairman John Malone, known as "the King of Cable" because of all his cable company acquisitions and sales throughout the years.
While the conference is closed to the press, Reuters says this year's conference will focus heavily on the future of cable TV. As Apple and other technology companies become increasingly interested in television, it's no surprise that many of Silicon Valley's tech CEOs will be in attendance. Besides Apple's Cook, Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg; Amazon's Jeff Bezos; Google's Sergey Brin, Eric Schmidt and Larry Page; and Netflix's Reed Hastings will be in attendance.
The Sun Valley Conference runs from today until Friday.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows