Yelp update for iOS adds ability to order food from within app
Yelp today issued an update to its iOS app that now enables users to order food from within the Yelp app itself. The feature, however, isn't yet live in every city and will be starting out in San Francisco exclusively before rolling out to additional locations in the coming weeks.
So while most folks won't be able to take advantage of the new functionality just yet, Yelp clearly has ambitions to be more than a stop-and-go review site.
Venture Beat reports:
Yelp is rolling out a new delivery feature so consumers can not only browse for food, but order it as well. Along the lines of its Open Table partnership, Yelp will partner with local delivery services so that customers don't have to leave Yelp to place orders. Yelp will take care of the entire ordering and checkout experience, and process the payments.
All in all, Yelp's new feature is a logical evolution for the mobile app.
The full changelog reads:
New in 6.9.1:
• Reading that review making you hungry? Well, you can now order delicious meals without ever leaving the Yelp app! We'll be rolling this out to more locations in the coming weeks, so check for the "Order Pickup or Delivery" button on your favorite local restaurants.
As a final point of interest, Yelp says it receives about 102 million unique visitors per month with about 10 million of those visitors accessing the service from a mobile app.
Yelp today issued an update to its iOS app that now enables users to order food from within the Yelp app itself. The feature, however,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free