iMessage outage left 30% of users in the dark for 36 minutes
One-third of all iMessage users were unable to send and receive messages for 36 minutes yesterday. Reports of iMessage being down began filtering in around 3:30 PM ET yesterday. The outage went on to affect 30 percent of iMessage's user base and lasted for 36 minutes, according to Apple's System Status page. During the outage, when a user tried to send an iMessage, it would error out and instead fall back to being sent as a standard text message. On Apple devices without 3G, such as Macs and iPod touches, the message would not be sent at all.
One-third of all iMessage users were unable to send and receive messages for 36 minutes yesterday. Reports of iMessage being down began...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station