iMessage outage left 30% of users in the dark for 36 minutes
One-third of all iMessage users were unable to send and receive messages for 36 minutes yesterday. Reports of iMessage being down began filtering in around 3:30 PM ET yesterday. The outage went on to affect 30 percent of iMessage's user base and lasted for 36 minutes, according to Apple's System Status page. During the outage, when a user tried to send an iMessage, it would error out and instead fall back to being sent as a standard text message. On Apple devices without 3G, such as Macs and iPod touches, the message would not be sent at all.
One-third of all iMessage users were unable to send and receive messages for 36 minutes yesterday. Reports of iMessage being down began...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free