iMessage outage left 30% of users in the dark for 36 minutes
One-third of all iMessage users were unable to send and receive messages for 36 minutes yesterday. Reports of iMessage being down began filtering in around 3:30 PM ET yesterday. The outage went on to affect 30 percent of iMessage's user base and lasted for 36 minutes, according to Apple's System Status page. During the outage, when a user tried to send an iMessage, it would error out and instead fall back to being sent as a standard text message. On Apple devices without 3G, such as Macs and iPod touches, the message would not be sent at all.
One-third of all iMessage users were unable to send and receive messages for 36 minutes yesterday. Reports of iMessage being down began...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update