Facebook for iOS updated with verified accounts
Facebook has updated its iOS app, adding new status icons and new privacy features. The version 6.3 update introduces a new verified account feature, which is much like the verified accounts you see on Twitter. You'll see blue checkmarks to signify a verified account.
With Facebook 6.3, when a user searches for a celebrity, public figure or a brand, a blue "verified account" checkmark appears next to an account name to let users know that the Facebook account is official. In addition to showing up in search, the checkmark also appears when you visit that celebrity, public figure or brand's Facebook page in the app.
Here's a complete rundown of all the changes made in Facebook 6.3:
- Find verified celebrities, public figures and brands by looking for a blue checkmark next to their names.
- Improved places editing to fix categories, phone numbers and other info on iPad.
- Fix for a problem that was causing News Feed to load slowly for some people.
Facebook for iOS is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options