Bank of England releases app to show off all its gold bling
The Bank of England has released an interesting educational app called Bank of England Virtual Tour. The app gives users a virtual tour inside the Bank of England via panoramic interactive photos. The coolest part is that it lets you go inside the Bank of England's gold vault. The BoE stores over 400,000 gold bars weighing 13kg each and worth an estimated US$525,000 a piece.
Here's the full release notes:
The Bank of England's Virtual Tour is an app that lets you explore the famous Threadneedle Street building in the heart of the City of London. Discover the architecture, history and current role of the UK's central Bank through a series of stunning 360° panoramic images. Visit 10 locations including a gold vault, committee rooms, a hidden garden and the Bank's museum. You can also check your banknotes using the 'Know Your Banknotes' feature located in the cash vault.
Bank of England Virtual Tour is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV