Google's Alfred to shut down on July 19
In 2011 Google acquired Clever Sense, Alfred's developer, but it seems they let him languish. Alfred isn't the first company purchase on which Google has stopped development, but instead of announcing Alred's demise on the Google blog, a notice was inserted into the Alfred app. You can still download Alfred on the iTunes store, but he hasn't been updated since May, 2012 and after yesterday, July 12th, he will be guiding you no longer.
Google will quietly retire Alfred on July 19th.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free