Marco Arment ships Bugshot app for markup of UI gaffes
Developer extraordinaire Marco Arment (Instapaper, Marco.org) has delivered a nice little tool for the development community or for anyone else who needs the ability to mark up screenshots to point out errors. Bugshot (US$0.99) is perfect for grabbing screenshots of those pesky UI errors and then placing bright international orange arrows and boxes on them highlighting the gaffes.
Arment notes on his website that "In some ways, it's reminiscent of what Skitch for Mac used to be good at. I always loved the old Skitch, but never found something that was as fast to get in and out of on iOS." And why did he choose to develop and ship Bugshot now? "Simple: I'm finding tons of rendering bugs in iOS 7. I've already used Bugshot many times to report bugs to app developers and Apple. It was also a great practice-project for me to get back into app development after about six months away."
For those of you who are also working on iOS 7 bug-smashing, Bugshot is a fast and simple way to make your annotations on a screenshot and then send the mashup to others via email, Messages, Twitter or Facebook. Arment has semi-ironically pointed out a few bugs in the app and expects them to be fixed shortly.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter