Amazon adds in-app movie ticket purchases to IMDb app
Amazon has updated its IMDb app with several new features, most notably in-app movie ticket purchasing.
Currently movie ticket purchasing is limited to the US, but the app's listing suggests movie ticket purchasing could be coming to other locations in the future. The update also includes direct linking to Amazon's Amazon Mobile app, so users can simply tap a link in the IMDb app to be taken to Amazon Mobile to buy DVDs or Blu-rays.
Here's the full release notes:
iPad and iPhone
* "Tickets, please!" You can now conveniently purchase movie tickets via the IMDb App (currently US-only).
* More bios for celebrities you know and love as well as for up-and-comers.
* Want to buy a movie or TV show on DVD or Blu-ray? "Search via Amazon Mobile" to the rescue. Requires that you have the Amazon Mobile app, but we provide a handy link if you don't have it yet.
* Also, did you know you can tap the "Coming Soon" bar above the title on upcoming movies to add the release date as an event to your calendar?
* Bug fixes. Nasty tricksy bugsies. We hates them!
* We heard you. By popular demand, we've updated the movie and celebrity pages to include one-tap access to the full cast/full filmography (which, yes, scrolls vertically).
* You'll see that cute little Watchlist flag almost everywhere now. Tap it to add movies and shows to your Watchlist (and tap-and-hold to add to your other lists as well).
This will be the last update that supports iOS 5. Future updates will require iOS 6 and above.
IMDb is a free download.
Amazon has updated its IMDb app with several new features, most notably in-app movie ticket purchasing. Currently movie ticket...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update