Amazon adds in-app movie ticket purchases to IMDb app
Amazon has updated its IMDb app with several new features, most notably in-app movie ticket purchasing.
Currently movie ticket purchasing is limited to the US, but the app's listing suggests movie ticket purchasing could be coming to other locations in the future. The update also includes direct linking to Amazon's Amazon Mobile app, so users can simply tap a link in the IMDb app to be taken to Amazon Mobile to buy DVDs or Blu-rays.
Here's the full release notes:
iPad and iPhone
* "Tickets, please!" You can now conveniently purchase movie tickets via the IMDb App (currently US-only).
* More bios for celebrities you know and love as well as for up-and-comers.
* Want to buy a movie or TV show on DVD or Blu-ray? "Search via Amazon Mobile" to the rescue. Requires that you have the Amazon Mobile app, but we provide a handy link if you don't have it yet.
* Also, did you know you can tap the "Coming Soon" bar above the title on upcoming movies to add the release date as an event to your calendar?
* Bug fixes. Nasty tricksy bugsies. We hates them!
* We heard you. By popular demand, we've updated the movie and celebrity pages to include one-tap access to the full cast/full filmography (which, yes, scrolls vertically).
* You'll see that cute little Watchlist flag almost everywhere now. Tap it to add movies and shows to your Watchlist (and tap-and-hold to add to your other lists as well).
This will be the last update that supports iOS 5. Future updates will require iOS 6 and above.
IMDb is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows