eBay debuts 'Exact' for iOS, a store for 3D-printed objects
I'd guess that 3D printing will go from something hobbyists use to a standard way many of us get the products we want within the next five to 10 years. With that in mind, eBay has launched a new app called Exact that allows users to shop for and customize 3D printed products. From Exact's app description:
Unleash your creativity by customizing select products to create exactly what you want with eBay Exact. Simply select a product, choose a design, and add your own personal flair to create a unique item for yourself or someone special!
With our first foray into 3D printing technology, we have partnered with Sculpteo, MakerBot and Hot Pop Factory who are leaders in 3D printing technology to hand-select a range of special products including, iPhone cases, figurines and jewelry.
eBay say the app is currently limited to allowing users to "create one-of-a-kind iPhone cases, jewelry, and figurines based on self-portraits," but it is reasonable to assume the number of product categories will only increase as time goes on and 3D printing gets better and more users take an interest in it.
eBay Exact is a free download.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter