iPad to be used as official scorekeeper for 2013 Little League Baseball and Softball World Series
Little League Baseball and Softball has announced that it will use 35 iPads as the official scorekeepers of the 2013 Little League Baseball and Softball World Series. The iPads will be running an app called GameChanger, which allows scorekeepers to track scores and stats for baseball, softball and basketball.
Announcing the iPad's use and the latest World Series, Little League Baseball and Softball said:
"With 2.4 million Little Leaguers around the world, modern technology is a great asset in communicating with all our players, coaches, families, volunteers and fans," said Stephen D. Keener, Little League Baseball and Softball President and CEO. "Utilizing GameChanger for scorekeeping and live game updates, will bring the Little League experience to life to an online and mobile audience like never before."
This summer, Little League scorekeepers will utilize 35 iPads to record every pitch for nine separate regional and international tournaments across several age groups. Tens of thousands of youth baseball and softball seasons and tournaments culminate with the Little League Baseball World Series from August 15 through August 25 in South Williamsport, Pa.
GameChanger is a free download for iPhone and iPad.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free