iPad to be used as official scorekeeper for 2013 Little League Baseball and Softball World Series
Little League Baseball and Softball has announced that it will use 35 iPads as the official scorekeepers of the 2013 Little League Baseball and Softball World Series. The iPads will be running an app called GameChanger, which allows scorekeepers to track scores and stats for baseball, softball and basketball.
Announcing the iPad's use and the latest World Series, Little League Baseball and Softball said:
"With 2.4 million Little Leaguers around the world, modern technology is a great asset in communicating with all our players, coaches, families, volunteers and fans," said Stephen D. Keener, Little League Baseball and Softball President and CEO. "Utilizing GameChanger for scorekeeping and live game updates, will bring the Little League experience to life to an online and mobile audience like never before."
This summer, Little League scorekeepers will utilize 35 iPads to record every pitch for nine separate regional and international tournaments across several age groups. Tens of thousands of youth baseball and softball seasons and tournaments culminate with the Little League Baseball World Series from August 15 through August 25 in South Williamsport, Pa.
GameChanger is a free download for iPhone and iPad.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs