iOS 7 Beta 3 gets benchmarked on iPhone 4 and 5
As we inch our way towards the public release of iOS 7, we are treated to a rather interesting benchmarking video courtesy of YouTube user adrianisen. The clip showcases two different benchmark tools running on iOS 7 Beta 3 on both the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5. It's not clear why the tester chose the standard iPhone 4 as opposed to the more powerful 4S, but it certainly makes the performance difference between the two handsets remarkably apparent.
An interesting note: Using Geekbench 2, the iPhone 5 used in the test scores a 1,672 with iOS 7 Beta 3, while my own iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.4 tops out at 1,664 consistently. It's a small increase, sure, but a promising result regardless. The iPhone 4, on the other hand, doesn't even break the 400-point barrier.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)