New Microsoft Surface RT ad goes after the iPad... again
Microsoft just can't seem to help itself. The marketing folks up in Redmond today released yet another video touting the advantages of their Surface RT over the iPad. As they've done before, the commercial features an iPad -- voiced by a Siri-like voice of course -- expressing dismay at all of the wonderful features Surface RT has and it lacks.
"Oh no, here we go again," Siri announces as the commercial starts.
Here we go again, indeed.
The iPad is then "embarrassed" upon finding out that it has no built-in stand, no USB port and no snap-on keyboard.
The commercial then highlights how a 32 GB iPad retails for US$599 while a 32 GB Surface RT tablet retails for $349.
"Do you still think I'm pretty?" Siri asks as the commercial ends.
All in all, weak sauce.
Of course, it's worth pointing out that the 32 GB Surface RT is only so cheap because Microsoft recently cut the price down by $150, presumably on account of slumping sales. You might have also heard that Microsoft took a $900 million charge on account of "Surface RT inventory adjustments" during the quarter gone by.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter