Sprint to offer Caption Calling for iOS devices
Sprint has announced a new partnership with Raketu to bring their Wireless CapTel service to iOS devices on the network. The app allows users to read conversations in real time with word-for-word captions that appear on their wireless phone. For people who live with hearing loss, the move will open up new options for using mobile phones.
Calls are placed the same way they always are, but when the number is dialed, the app connects the device to CapTel's service. They can then listen along with the phone or read the captions of their conversation on their iOS screen. More information about the service, including rules and regulations, can be found at www.SprintCapTel.com. Sprint subscribers will need an Everything Data plan for the service to work.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync