Sprint to offer Caption Calling for iOS devices
Sprint has announced a new partnership with Raketu to bring their Wireless CapTel service to iOS devices on the network. The app allows users to read conversations in real time with word-for-word captions that appear on their wireless phone. For people who live with hearing loss, the move will open up new options for using mobile phones.
Calls are placed the same way they always are, but when the number is dialed, the app connects the device to CapTel's service. They can then listen along with the phone or read the captions of their conversation on their iOS screen. More information about the service, including rules and regulations, can be found at www.SprintCapTel.com. Sprint subscribers will need an Everything Data plan for the service to work.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options