Getting iMessage spam? Report it to Apple
Federico Viticci over at MacStories posted an interesting story about iMessage spam tonight courtesy of Beau Giles. A support document on the Apple website now presents details on how users can report iMessage spam directly to the company:
If you're seeing unwanted iMessages (spam) in Messages app, you can report those to Apple.
To report unwanted iMessage messages to Apple, please send an email with the following details to: email@example.com
- Include a screenshot of the message you have received.
- Include the full email address or phone number you received the unwanted message from.
- Include the date and time that you received the message.
Both my wife and I have received spam in the Messages app on rare occasions, and it's good to know that there's now a process in place for at least reporting the messages to Apple. The company does not say how they'll act on your reports --I'm personally hoping for sharks with lasers being sent to the homes of the spammers.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update