Google Play tops App Store in downloads, but App Store still leads in revenues
In the second quarter of 2013 Google's Play Store bested the App Store in overall downloads by roughy 10%, according to new data released by analytics firm App Annie. This is in contrast to the company's Q1 2013 and Q4 2012 reports which both showed Apple leading in overall downloads.
However, while the Play Store now has the lead in overall downloads, Google's app marketplace is still far behind Apple's in terms of app monetization. In Q2 2013 the App Store generated approximately 2.3 times the revenue of Google Play. The gap in this category is slightly smaller than it was in Q1 2013 when the App Store raked in 2.6 times the revenue of Google Play.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter