Netflix adds profile support to Apple TV, iOS apps
If you're a Netflix subscriber, you may know the pain of having multiple people in your household whose tastes in movies may mess up your profile. You like action and adventure films, but one of the kids wants animated kids movies and poof, your profile is a mess.
Netflix is rolling out fixes for that, beginning today. You can add up to five separate profiles, so people will get suggestions based on their specific likes and dislikes. They will also see their own Recently Watched and Instant Queue lists.
For now, you'll have to set up the new profiles in the Netflix website, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the ability to create or add profiles added to iOS and other devices soon.
Adding individual profiles is good for users, but it's also good for Netflix, who decides what content to buy based on having good access to user choices. A Netflix spokesperson says about 75-80 percent of what is watched on Netflix comes from the recommendation engine, not user searches.
If you're a Netflix subscriber, you may know the pain of having multiple people in your household whose tastes in movies may mess up your...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free