Official Imgur app for iOS hits the App Store
Rejoice, Imgur fans. A few weeks after Imgur CEO Alan Schaaf intimated that an official app for iOS was on the way, the day has finally come. Imgur for iOS was recently released and gives fans of the photo-sharing site an easy way to upload photos on the go and keep up with the latest viral photos making their way around the web.
Interestingly enough, the Android version of the app was actually released before the iOS version, a phenomenon Schaaf attributed to Apple's application approval process. Specifically, Schaaf said that the app's initial submission to the App Store was rejected on account of the app being associated with copyrighted and illicit content.
Well thankfully, all off those initial hurdles seem to have been addressed and the official Imgur app is now ready for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users to download.
The app description reads:
Imgur (im-ij-er) is the go-to destination for viral images. Backed by a funny and friendly community, Imgur is the best place to spend your free time online and, now with the mobile app, on the go.
* Browse the most viral images on the Internet.
* Comment and vote on images.
* Upload straight from your phone.
* Manage your account and albums.
* Submit images directly to the Imgur gallery.
Note that because of the tendency for mature-themed photos to populate Imgur, the app can only be downloaded by users 17 or older.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service