Pebble adds Gmail support to its iOS app
Pebble updated its iOS app and finally added the ability to receive email alerts on the smart watch. Previously, the Pebble watch could only receive incoming text messages and caller IDs from its companion iPhone.
The new notification feature pings the Pebble watch when you get a new Gmail and IMAP email message. As Pebble points out in its blog post, the notifications are not pushed immediately to your handset. Rather, the Pebble app polls your email every nine minutes and alerts you about unread messages. Though not perfect, it's better than the jailbreak hack you had to use if you wanted email alerts in previous versions of the software.
Pebble owners can download the Pebble app from the iOS App Store for free.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs