Pebble adds Gmail support to its iOS app
Pebble updated its iOS app and finally added the ability to receive email alerts on the smart watch. Previously, the Pebble watch could only receive incoming text messages and caller IDs from its companion iPhone.
The new notification feature pings the Pebble watch when you get a new Gmail and IMAP email message. As Pebble points out in its blog post, the notifications are not pushed immediately to your handset. Rather, the Pebble app polls your email every nine minutes and alerts you about unread messages. Though not perfect, it's better than the jailbreak hack you had to use if you wanted email alerts in previous versions of the software.
Pebble owners can download the Pebble app from the iOS App Store for free.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter