TUAW on YouTube Geek Week: Stupid WeMo Tricks
YouTube fans rejoice! It's Geek Week, which means that you can get your geeky groove on by checking out all of the best nerd-produced videos on the Web. TUAW has provided four videos for your Geek Week enjoyment on Brainiac Tuesday -- that's today -- and we've got 'em on the YouTube TUAWVideo channel.
My contribution was a pair of videos showing some "Stupid WeMo Tricks." As longtime TUAW readers may remember, WeMo is a line of home automation products made by accessory manufacturer Belkin that can be controlled via a free app and/or iFTTT. In these two videos, The Cat Cooler and The Magic Fountain, you can see how I used the WeMo Switch and Motion Sensor to perform some automated "magic." The company added a connected wall switch to the line on July 22, so that's not included in the videos.
You can also see Victor Agreda, Jr.'s two-part interview with Tim DeBenedictis, founder and president of Southern Stars. You'll get to see how their premier product SkySafari 3 works, and how to use a wireless connection to control a telescope.
Enjoy the videos, and be sure to check out all of the Geek Week action on YouTube.
The Cat Cooler
The Magic Fountain
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter