TUAW on YouTube Geek Week: Stupid WeMo Tricks
YouTube fans rejoice! It's Geek Week, which means that you can get your geeky groove on by checking out all of the best nerd-produced videos on the Web. TUAW has provided four videos for your Geek Week enjoyment on Brainiac Tuesday -- that's today -- and we've got 'em on the YouTube TUAWVideo channel.
My contribution was a pair of videos showing some "Stupid WeMo Tricks." As longtime TUAW readers may remember, WeMo is a line of home automation products made by accessory manufacturer Belkin that can be controlled via a free app and/or iFTTT. In these two videos, The Cat Cooler and The Magic Fountain, you can see how I used the WeMo Switch and Motion Sensor to perform some automated "magic." The company added a connected wall switch to the line on July 22, so that's not included in the videos.
You can also see Victor Agreda, Jr.'s two-part interview with Tim DeBenedictis, founder and president of Southern Stars. You'll get to see how their premier product SkySafari 3 works, and how to use a wireless connection to control a telescope.
Enjoy the videos, and be sure to check out all of the Geek Week action on YouTube.
The Cat Cooler
The Magic Fountain
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature