Twitter iOS app adds new authentication feature, gallery and list support
A major update to the Twitter app for iOS devices was released today, bringing with it added support for features that desktop Twitter users are already familiar with as well as a new account security setting.
Chief among the new features is the option to add a two-factor login verification system to ensure your account isn't used without your permission. The extra layer of authentication requires you to have your iPhone with you whenever you log in to Twitter by sending a push notification with a special code to unlock your account.
The update also adds the ability to view photos in a gallery format both from specific users and through the photo search function. Lists have also finally made their way to the app, allowing you to create and edit lists of users.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter