Clean your iPhone 5's camera from the inside
The iPhone 5, though surprisingly light, is rather sturdily built. And in typical Apple style, the device is completely closed off. Nonetheless, the iPhone 5, over time, can begin accumulating dirt and other unwelcome particles underneath the glass. While this may not ordinarily be a problem, it becomes a huge nuisance when said particles begin affecting the quality of your photographs. Fortunately there are people who can fix such problems, or show you how to "do it yourself."
To that end, the following video demonstrates how one can clean the iPhone 5 camera from the inside. Of course, taking apart your iPhone 5 requires specialized tools that may not be easy to find at your local hardware shop. On top of that, we wouldn't recommend that anyone undertake the procedure below without first understanding the risks -- namely that you may actually make things worse!
But if you're an enterprising type of person who doesn't mind walking on the wild side, the following video is instructive.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)