easyJet expands Passbook support to 75 airports
In May, popular European discount airline easyJet announced that it was testing Passbook ticketing support at six airports in Europe, with support to come from more airports if the trial was found successful. And judging by today's easyJet app update, it looks like that's the case. Now the company is offering Passbook ticketing support at a whopping 75 airports in Europe.
This is significant because easyJet is one of the most popular discount airlines. Passbook-supported apps have been slow to catch on outside of the US (and even inside the US).
But Passbook support isn't the only thing new in the latest easyJet update. Check out the other goodies and the release notes below:
What's New in Version 2.3.0
- More airports enabled for mobile boarding passes. Now live at over 75 airports across Europe
- New options to book a hotel or car - via our partners at Europcar and Booking.com
- Add travel insurance to your completed booking in one click
- Improvements to the look and readability of mobile boarding passes
- Enhancements to Passbook integration to address a timezone issue reported by some users
- Updated mobile FAQs
easyJet is a free download.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter