Twitter #music app updated with new music discovery tools, more
As internet radio continues to be one of the hottest games in town, Twitter has updated its #music app to better compete with big players like Pandora, Spotify and Rdio. As with any online content service, a fundamental issue to overcome is discovery: how users can easily find new and relevant content they enjoy. To this end, Twitter #music has increased its discovery tools significantly.
Users can now hear tracks that their preferred artists are listening to, as well as music from similar artists. The app now also notices which artists a user has tweeted about, and will include more of their music in the radio stream. Additionally, the new Twitter #music app will scan the music library on your iPhone and upload its metadata to Twitter in order to give a user more relevant music content suggestions.
Twitter #music for iOS is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app