iPhone-ready Canary home security breaks $1.25M in funding
A few weeks ago, we highlighted a home-monitoring security system called Canary. The system helps you keep track of your home by monitoring a number of variables, including air quality, vibration, temperature, sound and movement. When something is awry, it will send a detailed alert to your smartphone.
The system also comes with an HD camera with night-vision functionality that allows users to monitor live feeds of their home if they so choose.
Now comes word via MacRumors that Canary has eclipsed the US$100,000 mark it initially sought to generate via Indiegogo. Impressively, Canary recently surpassed the $1.25 million threshold, with MacRumors noting that "the project is on track to become the most successful crowdfunded home product ever."
If all goes according to plan, Canary will begin shipping in May 2014 and will retail for $199.
Below, check out a video of Canary in action.
A few weeks ago, we highlighted a home-monitoring security system called Canary. The system helps you keep track of your home by...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update