Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition returns to the App Store
Gaming classic Baldur's Gate has returned to the App Store after being pulled due to a legal dispute a few months ago. Last December, gaming company Beamdog brought the '90s classic to the iPad, but just six months later, it was forced remove the game by publisher Atari on vague "contractual matter" grounds. But an email yesterday from Beamdog CEO Trent Oster posted on Reddit announced a resolution to those contractual issues:
Dear Friends of Baldur's Gate,
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is available for sale once again. All outstanding issues with our publishing partner have been resolved. We'll announce the details of an upcoming major Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition patch and the Android tablet version in the near future. We'll also have some exciting news regarding Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition soon after. We want to thank our fans for the outpouring of support we received during this difficult time. Legal issues are never fun. We're glad we can once again focus on what matters - makin' videogames!
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition costs US$9.99 on the App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync