Syfy relaunches iOS apps with full episode streaming
Syfy has relaunched its iOS app as Syfy Now, adding support for watching full Syfy series episodes the day after they air. From the announcement in the app's listing:
The Syfy App for iPhone is getting a brand new name and some shiny new features! It's been reborn as Syfy Now, but is still the destination for show clips and behind the scenes video from your favorite Syfy shows. PLUS - and this is brand new - after authenticating your television provider, you can now watch full episodes of most of your favorite Syfy shows the day after they air.
Users do first have to authenticate the app with their cable TV provider, and right now that list is pretty limited, but Syfy says more cable providers are coming soon. For now, here's the list of who supports the new feature: Xfinity, Dish, Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-verse, Optimum, Charter, RCN, Wide Open West, SuddenLink, Mediacom and Armstrong.
Syfy Now is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)