Why one Android blogger uses an iPhone
In a blog posted to Droid Life, Offringa says he currently uses an iPhone 4S and plans on getting the next iPhone. Why is Offringa living in sin? A bunch of reasons, including iMessage. He says, "It's simple, works well and it's seamlessly integrated with Messages." That's hard to argue with. I hardly get any conventional texts anymore; almost all my friends are using iMessage. It's mostly reliable, it's free and I love read receipts.
Offringa also says the apps are "vastly superior." He cites Tweetbot, Safari, Yahoo! Weather, Day One and others. He does say he likes Path and Hangouts better on Android, but says they are the exception and not the rule. I find myself in agreement there. Especially with photo apps, I find my few friends on Android wishing they had the range of choices.
Other plusses for Apple according to Offringa are iOS itself, Apple hardware and performance. The lengthy blog is a good read, and worth passing on to some of your iPhone friends who might be wavering. That's exactly what I did.
[via The Loop]
Well, here's a twist. After seeing a few articles about how iPhone users are switching to Android, here's a respected Android blogger,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free