Barnes & Noble releases Nook Video app for iOS
While book retailer Barnes & Noble has all but given up on the Nook tablet line to focus on its e-readers, that doesn't mean it is giving up on all tablets. Today the company announced the free Nook Video app for iOS, making "a growing and diverse catalog of favorite HD movies and TV shows" available for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Users of the app can also view their previously purchased UltraViolet enabled movies and TV shows, as well as other Nook content. The universal app -- which also comes in Android and Roku flavors -- lets Nook customers start a movie or TV show on one device, then pick up where they left off on another device on the same account.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs