Barnes & Noble releases Nook Video app for iOS
While book retailer Barnes & Noble has all but given up on the Nook tablet line to focus on its e-readers, that doesn't mean it is giving up on all tablets. Today the company announced the free Nook Video app for iOS, making "a growing and diverse catalog of favorite HD movies and TV shows" available for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Users of the app can also view their previously purchased UltraViolet enabled movies and TV shows, as well as other Nook content. The universal app -- which also comes in Android and Roku flavors -- lets Nook customers start a movie or TV show on one device, then pick up where they left off on another device on the same account.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter