Google Maps for iOS, Andriod gets real-time incident tracking
Back in June, Google acquired the social-navigation app Waze. Now, about nine weeks later, Google has already begun integrating some of Waze's functionality into Google Maps for both iOS and Android.
In a blog entry posted earlier today, Google's Maps team relayed that users of Google's mobile Maps app will now be able to interface with incident reports from Waze users.
Users of Google Maps for Mobile will now benefit from real time incident reports from Waze users. This means when Wazers report accidents, construction, road closures and more on Waze, the updates will also appear on the Google Maps app for Android and iOS in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, France, Germany, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Switzerland, UK and the US.
Google also notes that Waze users, or "Wazers" as Google affectionately calls them, can now access Google search results from within the Waze app.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter