Plants vs. Zombies 2 already downloaded 16 million times
Holy Guacamole! Crazy Dave, the friendly, but zombie-crazed neighbor from Plants vs. Zombies, has gotta be happy. Plants vs. Zombies 2, the exciting sequel to the original game pitting uncommon plants with superpowers against an unending crush of zombies, has been downloaded more than 16 million times. Now it's not unusual for a popular game to be downloaded that many times, but that number is since the app was released last Thursday.
Joystiq reports that franchise director Tony Leamer, speaking at EA's Gamescom press conference this morning, announced that a content pack for the game titled "Far Future" will be released at some unidentified point in the future.
Plants vs. Zombies 2 is a freemium game, with tons of in-app purchases. Juli Clover at MacRumors reports that TouchArcade has released a guide on how you can actually play the entire game without spending a dime. If that doesn't get you excited about installing Plants vs. Zombies 2 and killing a bunch of zombies, well, you might already be one of the walking dead...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free