Plants vs. Zombies 2 already downloaded 16 million times
Holy Guacamole! Crazy Dave, the friendly, but zombie-crazed neighbor from Plants vs. Zombies, has gotta be happy. Plants vs. Zombies 2, the exciting sequel to the original game pitting uncommon plants with superpowers against an unending crush of zombies, has been downloaded more than 16 million times. Now it's not unusual for a popular game to be downloaded that many times, but that number is since the app was released last Thursday.
Joystiq reports that franchise director Tony Leamer, speaking at EA's Gamescom press conference this morning, announced that a content pack for the game titled "Far Future" will be released at some unidentified point in the future.
Plants vs. Zombies 2 is a freemium game, with tons of in-app purchases. Juli Clover at MacRumors reports that TouchArcade has released a guide on how you can actually play the entire game without spending a dime. If that doesn't get you excited about installing Plants vs. Zombies 2 and killing a bunch of zombies, well, you might already be one of the walking dead...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter