Plants vs. Zombies 2 already downloaded 16 million times
Holy Guacamole! Crazy Dave, the friendly, but zombie-crazed neighbor from Plants vs. Zombies, has gotta be happy. Plants vs. Zombies 2, the exciting sequel to the original game pitting uncommon plants with superpowers against an unending crush of zombies, has been downloaded more than 16 million times. Now it's not unusual for a popular game to be downloaded that many times, but that number is since the app was released last Thursday.
Joystiq reports that franchise director Tony Leamer, speaking at EA's Gamescom press conference this morning, announced that a content pack for the game titled "Far Future" will be released at some unidentified point in the future.
Plants vs. Zombies 2 is a freemium game, with tons of in-app purchases. Juli Clover at MacRumors reports that TouchArcade has released a guide on how you can actually play the entire game without spending a dime. If that doesn't get you excited about installing Plants vs. Zombies 2 and killing a bunch of zombies, well, you might already be one of the walking dead...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs