Star Trek Into Darkness released on iTunes ahead of DVD
I'm not a die-hard Star Trek fan, so all you Trekkies out there will have to forgive me for saying this -- I thoroughly enjoyed Star Trek Into Darkness. While a few friends of mine, all seasoned Star Trek aficionados, had a laundry list of complaints about the movie, I found it to be everything an action movie should be.
If you haven't yet seen the movie, or if you'd like to catch it again, the title is available for purchase via iTunes: US$14.99 will get you the movie in standard definition, but if you'd like the full, immersive movie experience, you can download the film in HD for $19.99.
What's notable here is that the film is available on iTunes three weeks before it will be available anywhere else. The film will be available on DVD on September 10.
Head over to iTunes if you'd like to relax for a few hours with a solid and incredibly enjoyable flick from the always talented J.J. Abrams.
Here's a trailer to whet your appetite.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options