Star Trek Into Darkness released on iTunes ahead of DVD
I'm not a die-hard Star Trek fan, so all you Trekkies out there will have to forgive me for saying this -- I thoroughly enjoyed Star Trek Into Darkness. While a few friends of mine, all seasoned Star Trek aficionados, had a laundry list of complaints about the movie, I found it to be everything an action movie should be.
If you haven't yet seen the movie, or if you'd like to catch it again, the title is available for purchase via iTunes: US$14.99 will get you the movie in standard definition, but if you'd like the full, immersive movie experience, you can download the film in HD for $19.99.
What's notable here is that the film is available on iTunes three weeks before it will be available anywhere else. The film will be available on DVD on September 10.
Head over to iTunes if you'd like to relax for a few hours with a solid and incredibly enjoyable flick from the always talented J.J. Abrams.
Here's a trailer to whet your appetite.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter