Apple updates iBooks with iCloud fixes
Apple has released an update to iBooks, its first update to the app in six months. iBooks 3.1.1 improves compatibility between the app and both iOS and iCloud.
Apple doesn't explicitly list how compatibility has been improved with iCloud, but there had been reports on Apple support forums that sometimes bookmarks and page placements were not being synced properly across devices. Apple is planning to launch iBooks for OS X this fall, which would give the company extra incentive to make sure sync works well with the app.
iBooks is a free download.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter