Apple updates iBooks with iCloud fixes
Apple has released an update to iBooks, its first update to the app in six months. iBooks 3.1.1 improves compatibility between the app and both iOS and iCloud.
Apple doesn't explicitly list how compatibility has been improved with iCloud, but there had been reports on Apple support forums that sometimes bookmarks and page placements were not being synced properly across devices. Apple is planning to launch iBooks for OS X this fall, which would give the company extra incentive to make sure sync works well with the app.
iBooks is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV