AT&T expanding LTE coverage to 50 more markets by year-end
AT&T plans to make even more iPhone 5, iPad and iPad mini owners happy by the end of 2013, with today's announcement that 4G LTE service will be rolled out to 50 additional markets in the US before New Year's Day.
AT&T's 4G LTE network currently covers 370 markets with 225 million potential customers. By the end of the year, that coverage will expand to more than 400 markets and 270 million people. While we won't list all 50 markets here, the top 10 seen here are an indication of the type of locations that will be gaining speedy wireless internet service.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support