PS3 thriller Beyond: Two Souls lets players use the iPhone as a controller
Drawing casual players into an intense sci-fi storyline on the PlayStation 3 isn't easy, but Beyond: Two Souls developer Quantic Dream thinks it may have found a solution. The upcoming thriller will allow players to use their smartphones and tablets to control the characters, adding a decidedly laid-back twist for players who might not be comfortable grabbing an actual controller. This rather interesting tidbit was unveiled by the company's founder David Cage at the Gamescom conference, Joystiq reports.
If you have an iOS or Android device you'll be able to control your on-screen character simply by touching various parts of your device's screen. There are no virtual buttons when using this controller option, and the game defaults to the easiest difficulty level as soon as you choose to navigate using your touchscreen.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter