PS3 thriller Beyond: Two Souls lets players use the iPhone as a controller
Drawing casual players into an intense sci-fi storyline on the PlayStation 3 isn't easy, but Beyond: Two Souls developer Quantic Dream thinks it may have found a solution. The upcoming thriller will allow players to use their smartphones and tablets to control the characters, adding a decidedly laid-back twist for players who might not be comfortable grabbing an actual controller. This rather interesting tidbit was unveiled by the company's founder David Cage at the Gamescom conference, Joystiq reports.
If you have an iOS or Android device you'll be able to control your on-screen character simply by touching various parts of your device's screen. There are no virtual buttons when using this controller option, and the game defaults to the easiest difficulty level as soon as you choose to navigate using your touchscreen.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free