Website building portal Jimdo creates websites using just an iPhone/iPad
Building a personal website used to be a long ordeal. Prior to the advent of highly customizable blogging platforms like Tumblr and WordPress, building a site required learning code or hiring someone to do all the heavy lifting for you. These days you can build a basic site in minutes at your home computer ... and now you can do it from your iOS device.
Jimdo, an online website-creation company, has launched a new iOS app that allows users to create websites from the palms of their hands without messing with coding. Starting with a basic template, the app then allows users to drag and drop site elements to customize the look of the site.
There are three tiers of pricing available, each offering expanded levels of support. Beyond the basic free sites, there is a US$90-a-year premium plan that offers expanded design and control options, and a $240-a-year business plan. The business plan provides an online store, an optimized mobile version of your site, improved security and more.
Jimdo is available in the App Store right now.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)