Website building portal Jimdo creates websites using just an iPhone/iPad
Building a personal website used to be a long ordeal. Prior to the advent of highly customizable blogging platforms like Tumblr and WordPress, building a site required learning code or hiring someone to do all the heavy lifting for you. These days you can build a basic site in minutes at your home computer ... and now you can do it from your iOS device.
Jimdo, an online website-creation company, has launched a new iOS app that allows users to create websites from the palms of their hands without messing with coding. Starting with a basic template, the app then allows users to drag and drop site elements to customize the look of the site.
There are three tiers of pricing available, each offering expanded levels of support. Beyond the basic free sites, there is a US$90-a-year premium plan that offers expanded design and control options, and a $240-a-year business plan. The business plan provides an online store, an optimized mobile version of your site, improved security and more.
Jimdo is available in the App Store right now.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station