BlackBerry Messenger for iOS user guide released
The user guide for BlackBerry Messenger for iPhone has appeared online, reports iMore. Back in May, the company announced that its popular BBM service would be coming to the iPhone this summer. However, as summer nears its end, the software has yet to materialize. But this user guide suggests that could change soon.
Speaking of that user guide (which you can view as a PDF here), these are the features you can expect from BBM on your iPhone:
- BBM profile: Choose a display picture, name and status that your BBM contacts see. You can also view your unique BBM PIN from your profile by tapping Show Barcode.
- Invite: Invite people to chat with you in BBM by scanning a BBM barcode or by entering a phone number, email or BBM PIN. Contacts who don't have BBM yet can download it from your invitation.
- Chat: Share your thoughts and experiences using instant messages, pictures and voice notes.
- Emoticons: Express yourself with classic BBM emoticons.
- BBM Groups: Plan events, track to-do lists, share pictures and chat with up to 30 of your friends, family or coworkers in one group at the same time.
Though BlackBerry's hardware sales have seen better days, the BBM software is an extremely popular messaging solution in many parts of the world. When it is released for the iPhone, it will be competing against other popular messaging apps like iMessage, What's App and Viber.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update