BlackBerry Messenger for iOS user guide released
The user guide for BlackBerry Messenger for iPhone has appeared online, reports iMore. Back in May, the company announced that its popular BBM service would be coming to the iPhone this summer. However, as summer nears its end, the software has yet to materialize. But this user guide suggests that could change soon.
Speaking of that user guide (which you can view as a PDF here), these are the features you can expect from BBM on your iPhone:
- BBM profile: Choose a display picture, name and status that your BBM contacts see. You can also view your unique BBM PIN from your profile by tapping Show Barcode.
- Invite: Invite people to chat with you in BBM by scanning a BBM barcode or by entering a phone number, email or BBM PIN. Contacts who don't have BBM yet can download it from your invitation.
- Chat: Share your thoughts and experiences using instant messages, pictures and voice notes.
- Emoticons: Express yourself with classic BBM emoticons.
- BBM Groups: Plan events, track to-do lists, share pictures and chat with up to 30 of your friends, family or coworkers in one group at the same time.
Though BlackBerry's hardware sales have seen better days, the BBM software is an extremely popular messaging solution in many parts of the world. When it is released for the iPhone, it will be competing against other popular messaging apps like iMessage, What's App and Viber.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app