Google releases Chromecast app for iPhone and iPad
Google today released a new Chromecast app for iOS that enables customers to manage their Chromecast settings from their mobile device.
Chromecast, if you recall, is a compact dongle Google released not too long ago that lets users stream content from Netflix and Google-based services like YouTube and Google Play to their HDTV.
The full changelog reads:
Chromecast is the easiest way to enjoy online video and anything from the web on your TV. Plug it into any HDTV and control it with your existing smartphone, tablet or laptop. No remotes required. Cast your favorites from YouTube, Netflix, Google Play Movies and Google Play Music and Chrome to your TV with the press of a button.
Use the Chromecast app to:
• Set up your Chromecast to work with your WiFi network
• Manage your Chromecast settings (such as changing your device name, WiFi password, etc.)
The app works on iPhones going all the way back to the iPhone 3GS, all versions of the iPad and the third-generation iPod touch and up. Google does, however, note that the app is optimized for the iPhone 5.
Google today released a new Chromecast app for iOS that enables customers to manage their Chromecast settings from their mobile...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free